Saturday, May 13, 2017

Love to Doodle

"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because there is nothing better for a person under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany them in their toil all the days of the life God has given them under the sun."
Eccl 8:15, ISV

It has a been a while, but I haven't stopped doodling.  I did this little picture on a card for a friend. It was supposed to be the camellia sinensis plant (tea plant), but I got a little wiggy with colors. I know, I know...my obsession with tea.  I just love it.  I will have to put some thoughts down sometime on why it is so appealing to me. 

I did the "Turtle Watchers" while I was watching TV. I don't know why but I really seem stuck on police shows.  I like the BBC ones because they aren't gross, gory, or perverse.  So far I've watched Sherlock, Death in Paradise, Shetland, Hinterland, and Wallander which I finished the series while I worked on this particular doodle.

I like doodling...there is no pressure for it to be any good.  It can be done quickly, and anywhere, anytime--even while watching TV or eating (another fave I'll have to address later). And...if you have the time (which I rarely do), you can do some really cool things.  I am still trying to find my own style, my own passion in what I doodle...I tend to be all over the map.  But, it is fun.


2 comments:

  1. These are both such lovely and well crafted doodles! I am so uplifted by them, and the text that goes along with them. Your beauty and honesty mean a lot to me, and I appreciate you, AND your doodles so much! Love, Johnna

    ReplyDelete