Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Bird in a Sweater

It has been way too long since I last posted.  I think I shall resolve to remedy that.

So I was shopping with my son at Target, and I saw this adorable figurine of a bird in a sweater.  Mind you, I already had one I bought last year during the holiday season.  When I saw they had different birdies, I picked up two more.  My son, of course, saw this as an opportunity to chide me on what he perceived as my "thing" for birds in sweaters.  It quickly progressed to ornaments in a sweater, and cups in sweaters, etc.

While I lounged on the deck of the cruise ship last week enjoying the sun, ocean breeze, and fruity drink, I decided to paint a bird in a sweater, in honor of my son.  Maybe he is onto something....maybe I should start doodling up things in sweaters.  Could be fun!

In any case, here is my bird in a sweater done on pretty inexpensive Strathmore multimedia paper, with a travel watercolor pallet and travel brush.  Here you can see the finished birdie, and the stages leading up to it courtesy of the hubby.

“If you have two coats, give one away..." Luke 3:11a Msge














No comments:

Post a Comment