Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thankful

Day 66:  As we prepare to celebrate Thanksgiving, I just wanted to take a minute to say what I'm thankful for.

I'm thankful that God loves me.  

I'm thankful Jesus made a Way for me, saved me from eternal death.  

I'm thankful He has seen fit to bless me with an incredible, God-fearing husband of 20 years
 who knows me best and still loves me.  

I'm thankful for my son, who brightens every day, makes things new and fun,
 and challenges me to be a better parent.  
Son and Dari, asleep on the couch
I'm thankful for our dog, Dari, who brings us all joy
 and gives us all unconditional love.

I'm thankful for my mom who helps us tremendously in our home, 
is a great cook, and a sweet lady.

I'm thankful for my dad who always supports and encourages me
 and taught me the joy of football.  

I'm thankful for my stepmom, my role model in the professional world, 
and shares my love of shoes and shopping. 

I'm thankful for my inlaws, who adore my son and 
spend infinite hours listening to him yammer about video games.

I'm thankful for my closest friends, who share my love for Christ, 
good scholarship, lots of wine, giggles and laughs.  

I'm thankful for all of the blessings the Lord has seen fit to bestow upon me
my home, 
my job, 
my health...
and so much more

I'm thankful God has a purpose for each and every person,
 and for those who love Him, 
the opportunity to be His hands, feet, and further his Glory.  

I'm thankful for Thanksgiving-
a time to make us take a breath, 
* * *
and to be grateful...


not to mention the turkey, cranberries, potatoes, desserts.......

Please, God, bless!

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17 ESV


Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment