Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Am I Really Here for "...Such a Time as This?"

DAY 1:  Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side.  While I may not be as diligent to make my daily quota, I figure it can't hurt to give it a go.

So, here is my "Perspective Doodle" for the day.  Did you ever have one of those days when you wonder why on earth you are where you are?

Its one thing to know that God is in complete control, and has you placed right where you need to be--right now--right here.  But living it every day can be EXTREMELY challenging.

Trying to reconcile what I think is value-added--helping resolve problems, being productive, providing expertise--and the frustration in not being able to see any real results is exhausting, and certainly disheartening.

This perspective check is to continually recognize that truly God can change circumstances and does so in perfect timing.  Joseph, a skilled ruler and administrator was relegated at one point to work in prison, and for quite a long time.  Yet in perfect timing he was moved along to a place where he could save nations!

So, as difficult as it is to wake up sometimes, knowing my input may fall on deaf ears, and may not even be welcome, I have to believe that this work which seemingly leads to nowhere has a greater purpose.

Please, God, bless!

"And who knows but that you have come to your ...position for such a time as this?"  Est 4:14

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.  

No comments:

Post a Comment