Wednesday, September 24, 2014

'Tis the Seasons--Happy Rosh Hoshanah!



DAY 2:   Happy Rosh Hoshanah to all who celebrate this blessed holiday!

Jewish tradition has it that the Adam and Eve were created on this day.  The birth of the FIRST man--its intriguing to me!  I have been blessed by the Jewish Holidays as a Christian in many ways.  In regards to this holiday-also known as the Feast of Trumpets-one thing I can't help but think about is how it is always celebrated in the Autumn'ish time-frame.

If you think about it, its yet another glimpse of the gospel.  Most people tend to think of life to death--new birth to dying.  We think of our seasons from Spring-new life, to Summer-the prime of life.  We then go into our Autumn, where we start to degrade, and then our Winter, where we give our last breath.

A Christian should have the perspective that aligns more like the seasons, ordered according to a Jewish Year.  We begin in Autumn--born into sin, and it isn't until Winter--when we die to our prior selves that we begin Spring--our new life in Christ.  As we mature we produce fruit in Summer--the prime of our spiritual lives.

Please, God, Bless!

"Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds."  John 12:24  ISV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.  

No comments:

Post a Comment