Monday, September 29, 2014

Protection from the Venom of Human Opinion

Day 7:  When I'm not sure what to review for my morning reading, my go-to is Proverbs, usually the chapter aligned to the day of the month.

When I read the news, a blog, or even a recipe I sometimes make the mistake of browsing through the comments.  While the Internet provides many advantages, one of the obvious downsides is that quite often one's opinions are spewed like venom without conscience or filter. Maybe its easy to be obnoxious, insulting, and downright nasty in a one way conversation with some level of anonymity.  So much for civil discourse.

Communication of this nature certainly should make one think before posting any thought online. That being said, this fact should not serve as an excuse to shy away from Truth.  Stand strong in Truth.  Just make sure you're using the right plumb line.

Please, God, bless!

"The fear of human opinion disables.  Trusting in God protects you from that."  Prov 29:25 MSG

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.  

No comments:

Post a Comment