Sunday, September 28, 2014

Busy Like an Ant!

Day 6:  I had a slow start this am, and because of me we ended up missing church.  But, once I got going, I got GOING!  I think I did all but one thing on my checklist.  I made tortillas for Tuesday's quesadillas, lunches for tomorrow, corn bread for the chili tonight, and got stuff ready for the yard sale.  Throw in a good workout and end the day with doing nails, and a nice cup of tea.  (Sorry, my doodle wasn't allotted much time today.)

What I did NOT do was sit my butt on the couch with my laptop.  I realized that even with good intent, its too easy to get sucked in checking the news, recipes, and of course Pinterest.

Sometimes I think its easy to get sucked into our business.  But it is equally as easy to get sucked into doing nothing really worthwhile.

I like my relax time like the next person, however, I think I will keep a clock on my "clicking-time" to make sure I'm not frittering my time away.

"Go to the ant, you lazy man!Observe its ways and become wise. It...prepares its provisions in the summer and gathers its food in the harvest."  Proverbs 6:6-8 ISV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.  

No comments:

Post a Comment