Thursday, September 25, 2014

Blood on the Flowers

The striped squill is a flower native to Iraq.
DAY 3:  I had no idea what I was going to draw today.  I was thinking through my day trying to pinpoint what needed a healthy dose of perspective as I sat down and pulled out my laptop.

"Islamic State killed human rights lawyer in Iraq, U.N. says"

This story, and ones like it in the news EVERY DAY--the persecution of Christians, beheading of journalists, kidnapping and rape of children--jar me to a reality that is so evil, so revolting, and so depraved.   Atrocities are being recorded and broadcast all over the world.  The world collectively shudders, but then seems to yawn and switch to a more uplifting or interesting story.  Instead of outrage leading to action, the world numbs until something more vile causes a momentary awakening.

My perspective check today leads me to grieve for those suffering at the hands of such blatant wickedness.  Today I pray that I will never cease to be sickened by such actions;  I pray that I will not become complacent;  I pray against such evil and for those suffering at the hands of such monsters;  I pray the Lord comes soon.

Please, God, bless!

“Then they’ll hand you over to suffer and will kill you, and you’ll be hated by all the nations on account of my name."  Matt 24:9 ISV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.  

No comments:

Post a Comment