Friday, September 26, 2014

Trust Fall!


Day 4:  I was talking with a dear gal pal over breakfast this am and the discussion turned to living on less money.  Its a scary prospect-losing control over our ability to provide. If we were called to live on less, could we do it?

Its easy to get comfy with our stuff. Its just as easy to fall into the trap of thinking we need more stuff; like a kind of grown up security blanket.

It comes down to a matter of trust.

So, if God called us to such a situation, where would I entrust my security?  In my stuff or in God to provide what I need?

It's kind of like a trust fall--and I know for certain where my True Security lies.  

"So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them." Matt 6:31-32  ISV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.  

No comments:

Post a Comment