Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Bold

Day 247: I was listening to a podcast, and I heard the statement, "Be bold for Christ".

I thought about that, and I tried to picture what being bold really meant?  The first thing that came into my mind was a picture of someone wearing their Christian gear.  Remember the WWJD phase? I'm not sure that's what was meant.

Than I thought about some Christian figures on the scene being bold, but also obnoxious, condescending, and downright rude.  I figured that wasn't it.

So who, I wondered, typified being bold, yet gracious?

I listened to a segment of a radio clip where Alan Colmes interviewed Anne Graham Lotz.  Two people, completely opposite perspectives, having a conversation about the end of days. Yet, as Anne talked of her faith, her belief in Jesus, I was amazed. He would question her statements, and she would respond very simply. "The Bible says...", or "Jesus said..."  And her responses were not filled with pride, nor were they self-righteous or intending to incite. They were plainly spoken and to the point.  She spoke to Alan like a friend, and I was amazed to see the courtesy he granted her (as opposed to others' I've heard him interview).  

Being real, being honest, and being unashamed about Jesus,  Now THAT is being bold for Christ. 

Please, God, bless!

"And also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel," Ephesians 6:19 ESV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment