Monday, May 25, 2015

Freedom is NOT Free!

Day 245:  Sharing part of a poem I read today written by Kelly Strong called Freedom Isn't Free.  He wrote this in 1981 in honor of his father.  For the complete poem, please see this link.


I heard the sound of Taps one night,
When everything was still;
I listened to the bugler play,
And felt a sudden chill;

I wondered just how many times
That Taps had meant “Amen”
When a flag had draped a coffin
Of a brother or a friend;

I thought of all the children,
Of the mothers and the wives,
Of fathers, sons and husbands
With interrupted lives.

I thought about a graveyard
At the bottom of the sea,
Of unmarked graves in Arlington.
No. Freedom is not Free!

Please, God, bless!

"He makes wars cease to the end of the earth; he breaks the bow and shatters the spear; he burns the chariots with fire." Psalm 46:9 ESV 

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment