Saturday, May 23, 2015

The Coastlands

Day 243: I was reading in Isaiah tonight, and I was struck by the following verse:

"He will not be disheartened or crushed Until He has established justice in the earth; And the coastlands will wait expectantly for His law." Is 42:4

I know I have mentioned a lot recently how helpless I often feel when staring at the face of the world. When I read this, I am reminded that my Lord was not overwhelmed by the evil that would encompass Him as He took on the sins of the world.  He did not wallow, He did not sit idly by.  He went out among the hurting.  He healed.  He comforted.  He helped.

What I love about this verse is the mention of the coastlands.  The coastlands are first mentioned in Genesis in relation to the nations, and then again in Esther when King Ahaseraus taxed the land and coastlands.  In Revelation 21:1, there is no longer a sea--the land, covered by the dark waters for a time, is now restored. Isn't it compelling, then, that the coastlands-the believers from shore to shore, nation to nation--await His coming to see restored what was lost to darkness?

Just as our Lord did not sit idly by until His Victory, but went out with Truth, neither should those who await His coming. There are great needs, the greatest being the God-shaped hole in every person that longs to be filled. Do not be disheartened or crushed when evil abounds.  Do not be idle as we wait.

Please, God, bless!



Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment