Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sweet Daylight

Day 244:  The weather was spectacular and the day full of joy and good company!  Good food, good times, games, playing with the pooches...there is something to be said for long weekends.

Memorial Day is definitely a time to reflect, remember, and honor those who so bravely fought for our freedom.  But it also has become synonymous with barbecues and long weekends.

Some may think that the "memorial" part gets lost in the BBQ translation, but I don't.  I think the freedom to spend time with family and friends, enjoying each other's company has been preserved for us by our nation's heroes.

So, please, do remember and say a prayer of thanks for those who willfully sacrificed to allow us our freedom, and prayers of comfort for those who have lost so much.  And when you have your parties, be sure to relish the time with loved ones, be grateful for what you have, and honor those who have served.  Be thankful that you get to enjoy the daylight a free person.

Please, God, bless!

"How sweet is the daylight, and how pleasant it is for someone's eyes to behold the sunshine!" Ecc 11:7

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment