Sunday, September 6, 2015

Being a Little Creative


Day 348: I had the time, so I got all fancy with my nails today. Yeah, I even doodle on my nails! Philadelphia Eagles on my fingers and toesies...not that I'm excited for football season or anything...And of course I have a cosmic Eagle going on tonight.

Too often we neglect our creative side.  That's why I started this challenge-to make myself keep that creative side from falling asleep from lack of use! Even the least creative person can do something artsy....anyone can color, and they have coloring books now for adults.

There are many benefits to nurturing your creative side.  Studies have shown that doing creative things can reduce depression, provide distraction from the not-so-lovely things going on in your life, reduce stress, lessen distress, improve spontaneity and social attitude.

So, pick up a pen, play an instrument, write a story, sing a song, dance a little. God's creativity alone should be an inspiration!

Please, God, bless!

"Then Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took a tambourine in her hand, and all the women went out after her with tambourines and dancing." Ex 15:20 ESV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment