Monday, September 21, 2015

In the Storm

Day 363:  TWO DAYS LEFT!


This morning I had the words of a song going through my head as I was getting ready for the day...."I will praise you in this storm..."

This afternoon I had a conversation with a bestie about all of the crazy that is going on in the world..flagrant injustice, deception, evil, terror, self-centered idolatry, etc.  The headlines are enough to make me want to hibernate for a very, very long time.

Tonight I come home and read: "The first thing that happens after we have realized our election to God in Christ Jesus is the destruction of our prejudices and our parochial notions and our patriotisms; we are turned into servants of God's own purpose.  The whole human race was created to glorify God and enjoy Him for ever.  Sin has switched the human race onto another tack, but it has not altered God's purpose in the tiniest degree..." --Oswald Chambers

Then I open my Bible and see this:

"And a windstorm came down on the lake, and they were filling with water and were in danger. 24 And they went and woke him, saying, “Master, Master, we are perishing!” And he awoke and rebuked the wind and the raging waves, and they ceased, and there was a calm. 25 He said to them, “Where is your faith?"  Luke 8:23a-25b

So, what I get is this--in the midst of all of this turmoil, all of the crazy and pain that doesn't make sense, we need to remember that we are still God's servants. His light in a dark place. His hands. His feet. He may call us to go against the grain of the world.  But overall, when the storm rages, we are not to fear.  We are to have faith.  He is always with us, He will never leave us.  He is always in control.

Please, God, bless!

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment