Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Crazy Little Monkey

Day 365: 
I DID IT!

I can't believe I made it! 1 year--365 doodles! I kinda feel like this crazy little monkey looks!  Happy, and a tad frazzled!

What I learned after 1 year of ensuring a completed doodle, every day:
  • It is extremely important to make time for your hobbies-it helps keep you sane, ensures an outlet for many different emotions, thoughts, or bursts of energy.
  • There is a greater sense of accomplishment in undertaking a longer-term task.
  • Doing something when you don't feel like it is more palatable then not meeting a commitment.
  • You can only improve with practice.
  • Forcing yourself to be creative does actually make you become more creative.
  • Everything-no matter how enjoyable-does take time, so prioritize well and ensure balance.
  • Trying to keep perspective can be very hard; I found it so rewarding when I would start and finish my day with a focus on perspective.
  • There truly is a Bible verse for everything.
  • It's surprising how many people you inadvertently reach with a word, a sketch, or a thought.  
  • Good ideas don't always come easily.
  • The more time you spend on something, the better your results usually are; however, sometimes great results come when you least expect it, when you don't have time to fuss about a thing.
  • A bad doodle is still a doodle.
  • Encouragement from friends is always priceless! 
  • God truly is involved in the silly, minute details of our lives.
  • After the "high" of completing something, it's time for a good rest!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you who were such a great encouragement over the last year.  I will continue to doodle, and post them as I do them.  But I think I am going to take a break --at least for a week!

Much love, and God bless!  I hope you all consider doing a challenge of your own.  I would love to compare notes!

Please, God, bless!

"So now finish doing it as well, so that your readiness in desiring it may be matched by your completing it out of what you have."  2 Corinthians 8:11 ESV


No comments:

Post a Comment