Sunday, May 10, 2015

Cool Camels

Day 230:  I am reading a book, and part of the story is the protagonist's escape with her companions from a warring neighboring tribe. To aid their escape they took the dangerous route through the desert with their supplies and camels. As time went on, the supplies ran low, but the camels remained steady.

I was intrigued, after all, the desert is an extremely harsh environment. These camels were the lifeline of the trio. They plodded along steadily, carrying them when they were weak. They provided them milk which sustained them when there was no water. When water was near, they knew before their masters.  

There is a lesson in this, I think. When we are in our deserts--a period of waiting, of trial, of illness, etc--we can count on God to be steady, always there, carrying us when we are weak. He sustains us when we are at our limit, and He leads us to life-giving water.

Please, God, bless!

"I cared for you in the wilderness, In the land of drought." Hosea 13:5 NASB

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment