Monday, May 4, 2015

Mom's Appreciation WEEK!

Day 224:  As we are in the throes of Teacher Appreciation week, I got to thinking.  Mother's Day is coming up.  If teacher's get an appreciation week, why are us Mom's only getting one day?  I feel cheated.  Nothing against my teacher friends--I love teachers, and I do appreciate them. But I think I deserve a week, too!

So, for this Mother's Day, I would like a week, please.  Here are some suggestions if anyone would like to pass them along to my kid....


  • Day 1:  A letter telling me you love me is nice, but its even nicer with breakfast in bed and a hot cup of tea!
  • Day 2:  Chatting in the mornings before school would be so much nicer if the dishes were put away, the papers off the counter, and the toys, pencils, and books put away, etc.
  • Day 3:  I love your art, but would love to see the creative things you can do with the "stuff" all over your bedroom floor and on your desk, like maybe put it ALL away...
  • Day 4:  I love when you cook for me, but I love it even more when I don't have to clean up the mess afterwards.
  • Day 5:  There is no more loving, fantastic, stupendous gift than my house being clean!
  • Day 6:  Flowers are lovely, but chocolate is divine.
  • Day 7:  Being a good mom, I want to let you have your time with your video games while I sleep in, with my bedroom door shut, and the noise level down...Maybe later we can all have  a nice meal and snap an obligatory "I LOVE YOU MOM" selfie!
Please, God, bless!

"Honor your father and MOTHER. Then you will live a long, full life in the land the LORD your God will give you." Exodus 20:12 

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment