Thursday, May 7, 2015

Swing

Day 227:  There are some days I feel like I just spun my wheels and got absolutely no where. I don't think my time was wasted, per se, but I just didn't accomplish what I intended to do for various reasons.

Whenever I am at a park, I love to go on the swings. I suppose it is because its easy to personalize to your mood--I can swing a lot or a little. I can swing next to a friend, or all alone and enjoy it just the same.  The interesting thing about the swing is that I don't really get anywhere--I just go back and forth--yet I feel like you've been up, out, and about.

When its time to pack up and go home, I realize that I haven't gotten anywhere; I didn't really make any progress.  Yet, I enjoyed it...it was worth it.

Likewise, when I feel like I haven't made much progress in my day's toil, I have hope that my time was well spent, that it was worth it.

Please, God, bless!

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope." Romans 15:13 ESV 

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment