Friday, May 8, 2015

Praying on the Run


Day 228:  Prayer...There is so much more to prayer than just trying to do one's due diligence. It is a time of peace. A time of baring our souls. A time to pour out our hearts, share our deepest desires. It's a time to really love those who do not love us. It's a time to remember those you often forget. It's a time to ask for help, seek guidance, accept conviction, It's a time to weep, a time of joy.

I'm often overwhelmed--there is so much to pray for!  I pray so often on the run because I seem to have so little time. I know God hears those prayers, but its not the same.  All of the benefits of prayer get lost in the race from place to place if I don't take a moment to stop....just stop....and spend time with the One who always makes time for me.  Only then will I be able to be free of all I carry as I rush through life.

Please, God, bless!

"Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved." Psalm 55:22 ESV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment