Friday, May 15, 2015

Donkey's Glory?

Day 235:  I was reading today and came across this quote by Corrie ten Boom.

"When Jesus rode into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday on the back of a donkey, and everyone was waving palm branches and throwing garments on the road, and singing praises, do you think that for one moment it ever entered the head of that donkey that any of that was for him?   
 ...If I can be the donkey on which Jesus Christ rides in His glory, I give Him all the praise and all the honor."

What an awesome picture of humility, of our role in God's Glory!

The world tells us that its all about US--our gain, our reputation, our credibility, our benefit.  But that is counter to what we as Christians are to be concerned about.  We are to focus on God's Glory, not ours.

Like John said of Jesus,

"He must increase, but I must decrease."  John 3:30

Please, God, bless!


Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment