Sunday, May 17, 2015

Desperation

Day 237: How is your prayer life?  I know I often feel like I'm praying on the run, shouting my thoughts up to God as I bustle to and fro.  Usually I get up early in the am to have my quiet time, but some days I can barely drag myself out of bed.  And of course, then I get busy with other things and,.....

wwwaaiiiiitttttt a second......other things?

Ron Parrish in his book From Duty to Delight says this:

"But, I'm too busy to pray" translates as: Of all the demands on my time, prayer is expendable."  The problem is motivation more than busyness.  When we are highly motivated to do something we get it done.  Heart precedes action.  You will make time for that which you value.  It's that simple.

He's right, of course.  He goes on to talk about what motivations we should have to pray.  The first one made me think of a flower in a parched desert.  Desperation.  I know I have absolutely no control. The world has gone crazy, there are terrors and uncertainty on every side.  I realize how desperately I need Him, and that alone is a very good motivation to pray.

Are desperate, too?

Please, God, bless!

"...O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You, In a dry and weary land where there is no water."  Ps 63:1

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment