Monday, May 18, 2015

Talk About a Castle

Day 238: Tonight we had an entertaining conversation about my son's project for school.  He has to build a castle. So, we talked about what the purpose of the castle was, the different parts of a castle, and project specific-what materials to "build" his castle with.

Castles are a lot of fun, and they are in most of the best stories!  But, of course, I see another great object lesson.

Castles were built to be strong and impressive.  Its inhabitants were people of importance and wealth, thus they were usually beautiful and large. But they were just buildings. They didn't ensure protection, didn't ensure warmth, and certainly their beauty did not always reflect an owner with a beautiful heart. Time and again throughout history, castles were overrun, damaged, and sometimes destroyed.

So often we put our security in things that seem large and impressive--a big car, big house, big guns....but they are just a shell, a facade that doesn't necessarily reflect weaknesses or voids.

Thank the Lord that He is our protector, that He is as big, powerful and impressive as He says He is!

Please, God, bless!

"The gates of the rivers shall be opened, and the palace shall be dissolved." Nahum 2:6

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment