Friday, November 14, 2014

Big Cheesy Grin

Day 53:  I went to the dentist today.  After the scraping, the poking, the pulling, and gagging over xray film, I feel like my teeth should get some air time. Honestly after all that, I almost want to walk around with the biggest, cheesiest grin, as if to say, "Look at my teeth!  Look at my teeth!  Do you know what I just went through to have them shine like this?!?!"

Cheesy grins are kind of funny.  It's a forced expression that can convey many things, such as:

  • I hate this, but I'm pretending to love it
  • I didn't do it!
  • I real-l-l-l-y have to pee, but I'm trying to be polite and finish this conversation.
  • I'm...so....happy.......really.
  • Trust me!  And...buy my car.
  • My face froze like this during the night.
  • Look at my teeth!  Look at my teeth!
  • etc.
I'm sure you can think of some more.....

In talking with a gal pal today about the state of the world, crazy families, politics, and the sheer evil that is viewable on our screens of all sizes, I thought of my cheesy grin.  Sometimes, the temptation lurks to chisel an enormous smile on my face and pretend the world is a lovely place-that smile God loves you mentality.  Yes, God does love me, and that is cause to beam. But there are times when I don't want to smile....what if I want to scream, cry, or collapse in despair? Faking a cheesy grin like I have the peace and chill of a zen mountain man is not what Jesus has modeled for me.  After all, Jesus wept; Jesus grieved; Jesus cried out to the Father in despair.  

Now, I had nothing to be that upset about today, lest anyone worry.  Really my doodle was about my face screaming TEETH since it takes so much hassle to make them shiny. In any case, I tend to unnecessarily ponder things. And should the need arise for me to be that upset--thank the Lord that I don't need to fake it!  I can upside-down to a frown, and be real with God--be bold about my feelings, my insecurities, and wounds that fail to heal! And I know He will see me through.  

And so, that is my pondering of the day, as I continue with my super-max, cheesy-peasy grin!

Please, God, bless!

"Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand"  Isaiah 41:10 NLT

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment