Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Great Shoes!

Day 57:  It is always about the details.   If you see someone dressed nice, but their nails are chewed to nubs....or, if you meet the company boss for the first time and he has on a nice suit but spinach in his teeth...those are things that formulate your first impression.   So, today, knowing I would meet a bunch of people, I was uber careful to make sure I had the details taken care of.  Outfit pressed-check.  Makeup done-check.   Hair coiffed-check.  Matching jewelry-check.  And of course some sweet shoes that would be remembered, but weren't overboard-check.

It sounds like a lot of trouble to go through but the reality is first impressions are formed in an instant.  There is a fine line between being conscious of the impression you want to send, and caring too much about what people think of you.  I do believe  God want us to ensure we present the right impression.  Aaron had to maintain his holy posture instead of mourning for his son.  Jesus said when you fast to wash so as not to draw attention to oneself.  Today my goal was to be put together, show I care about the details, yet not be so text book that I would appear unapproachable.

People complimented me on my shoes.  Then they took the time to say hello.  Mission accomplished!

Please, God, bless!

"The king's daughter is all glorious within: her clothing is of wrought gold." Ps 45:13

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment