Sunday, November 9, 2014

The Turkey and the Tree

Day 48:  I am amazed at how quickly the stores can transition from one holiday to the next. Even
though I started seeing Christmas decorations in September this year, it seems this week the holiday fever is in full swing. Normally I prefer to enjoy one holiday before I begin festivities for another, but today at a trip to Trader Joe's it was the best of both worlds. Tons of Thanksgiving yummies-stuffing, potatoes, pumpkin pie--but also tons of peppermint bark, cookies, pretzels, gingerbread. It was kind of weird, in a way, but the smell of the cinnamon brooms seemed to make it all feel-or smell-like it made sense. I guess it sounds silly, but I can't seem to describe it any better. I left feeling ready for turkey AND the tree.

I know God didn't designate Thanksgiving and Christmas as appointed times.  But I am truly grateful that these two holidays help me focus on His wonderful gifts-His Son, my family and friends.

Please, God, bless!

"And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful."  Col 3:15 ESV


Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment