Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Never Stop Praying!

Day 43:  Here is today's 10 minute doodle, as I am really tired today.

Today was election day. I voted. I got my sticker. Yes, I consider it my patriotic duty and right as a citizen to vote, and I am very, very grateful we have the privilege to do so.

Even so, as I have been perusing my options with voting, it is almost like picking a filling over a root canal. Both are painful, one is more so. Neither is a preferred option. As I lack confidence in the sincerity, suitability, ability, and honesty of our elected officials (regardless of who wins), I do not lack confidence in my God who hears my prayers.

Yes, I voted. But I also prayed.


I prayed for all of the elected officials 
to make God-fearing decisions.

I prayed for my community 
to rise up and help those in need.

I prayed for my neighborhood 
for safety and peace.

I prayed for the soldiers who put themselves in harms way 
to defend our right to be a free people.

I prayed for my family,
for protection of mind, body, and spirit.

I prayed for my husband, 
for wisdom as the head of our home.

I prayed for my son, 
for his divine calling, purpose, 
and discernment.

I prayed for Bryan's protection 
during his deployment to Afghanistan.
I prayed for peace and comfort 
for his wife and children,

I prayed for Grace, 
for healing and a correct diagnosis.
I prayed for Charlie, Christy, and Thomas 
to trust and not be anxious.

I prayed for Jake, 
recovering from surgery.

I prayed for Jack, 
who at 5 has been diagnosed with cancer.
I prayed for his parents for strong faith.

I prayed thanks to the One 
who is in complete control 
over all things in heaven and on earth.

I prayed.......

Please, God, bless!

"Never stop praying."  1 Thes 5:17 NLT

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment