Saturday, November 1, 2014

The Birds are Gone

Day 40:  One of my favorite places at home is on our front porch. We added it a few years ago, and after some cushioned chairs and side tables, its a great place to site and enjoy a beverage of choice. It was cold, threatening to rain all day, so a hot cup of tea was more fitting.

Looking from one end of the street to the other, the trees are mature and enormous, painted with fall colors.  In one of our trees we have a birdhouse. Each year the birds make their nest and I sit on the porch with my beverage listening to the baby cheepers as the momma flied back and forth with food for her young. Today the birdhouse was empty, the wind whistling through the carefully woven twigs inside.

I love days like this.  I find the gloom and chill somewhat comforting.  With the weather restless, the birds are gone and the people stay inside. Though it is just me on the porch, I know I am not alone.  I feel kind of like Elijah, with the largeness of nature fretting about he hears the small still voice of the Lord.  With so much to pray about, its comforting to sense His nearness.

If you would please pray for Bryan.  His wife and two small children are seeing him off tomorrow for a deployment to Afghanistan.

Please, God, bless!

"And he said, “Go out and stand on the mount before the LORD.” And behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind tore the mountains and broke in pieces the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. And after the wind an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. And after the earthquake a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire the sound of a low whisper."  1 Kings 19:11-12 ESV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment