Monday, June 22, 2015

Dead Plush Toy

Day 272:  So, what on earth is this picture supposed to be, you ask?

I get home and as I glanced out my bedroom window into the park behind our house, I see a huge, massive patch of some white stuff on the ground, with some flourescent pink and blue plop on top.  I had no idea what it was!  My neighbor-pals come down and we all go to investigate.  And there it was....a dead plush-toy. It looked like someone had beaten it against the slide, and all of the white Styrofoam stuffing had "bled" all...over...the park! The guys went to cleaning and used hubby's mower as a vacuum. So, today, my doodle is of this weird plush thing that lost its stuffing in our park.

Interestingly, I had a verse that I stumbled across twice this morning at two different times.

"You, however, are not under the control of the human nature but under the control of the Spirit, since God’s Spirit lives in you."  Rom 8:9a

It seems kind of a corny object lesson, but here goes...The plushy had nothing in it....just stuffing. Thankfully, we are more than just stuffing, more than just guts and organs.  As a believer we have the Holy Spirit indwelling us. While our bodies may be vulnerable to brokenness, the Spirit of God is unbreakable. No matter how hard we are hit or split, God's Spirit within us will always be in tact.

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment