Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Hem your Day in Prayer

Day 280:  I have a routine, and when it gets thrown off kilter, my whole day seems out of whack. Given my crazy hours lately, it seems like forever that I've been a frazzled mess!  If I miss my workout I lack energy.  If I miss sleep, my mood suffers.  If I miss breakfast, I'm miserable and cranky.  If I skip making lunches the night before, I eat lousy.  I'm sure many of you can relate.

One thing that hits me harder than anything is when I miss my daily quiet time of devotion and prayer.  I find that when I miss this time to focus daily on God and pray over my day, it ALWAYS ends up a mess. Kind of like a plaque I read once that said:

"Hem your day in prayer, and it won't unravel."  

I have found that to be so very, very true!

It is always better to be covered in prayer 
than to be vulnerable, cold, naked, and bare.

Please, God, bless!

"Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you." Jeremiah 29:12 ESV 

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment