Friday, June 12, 2015

Feeling Blue?

Day 262:  Growing up in New Jersey I was blessed to be in an extremely multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment.  I find beauty in these differences, and know that God meant it to be that way, because after all, he knit each of us together to be what we are.

As I read headlines about a young lady claiming to be black when she is really white, I couldn't help but wonder where this will lead.  These days it seems ever trendy to change our appearance and actions to be something we are not.  "Trans-" is the new buzzword, and acceptance of this term in popular culture allows us to lie to ourselves and others about what we are, but never really will be.

God did not make us all one color (blue would have been nice...I like blue); He did not make us all tall; He did not make us all thin; He did not make us all male or all female.  No, He made us different.  We should revel in what we are, and not covet the beauty of these differences, but appreciate them as one would art.

If we don't like the crooked eyes in a Picasso, we would not desecrate it by painting symmetrical eyes on top of it because of how we "feel" about it--we know its worth is in how it was originally made.

If we could just understand OUR worth in how God made us, and how God sees us, maybe we could stop this pretending, stop letting our "feelings" justify a falsehood, and start accepting the masterpiece in its original form.

My doodle is done in blues.  Can you guess the ethnicity of the original photo?  More importantly, does it matter?

Please, God, bless!

“It was you who formed my internal organs, fashioning me within my mother's womb."  Psalm 139:13

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment