Saturday, June 13, 2015

New Mercies

Day 263:  When I'm extraordinarily busy, I try to be as organized as I can.  I was very excited with our plan to go see "Miracle" at the Movie in the Park.  As I was heading home, I looked to my left and it was still the lovely sunny day I was hoping to enjoy.  On my right, I see this wave of dark grey rolling in--fast.  By the time I was home, it was POURING out.  There went my evening plans out the window and into the muddy lawn.  Ok, so we can recover--we can still go out to eat.  Well, that was a mess as well, given that it was now after 7pm and lines were out the door at the 3 restaurants we progressively selected to dine at.  We ended up at our local pizza joint, and it was good, but it was now late.  In the end, all my planning was no help at all.

Today was a new day, and overall things went as planned.  Took care of business in the morning, hung out with the fam in the afternoon, and enjoyed a nice meal out at the restaurant we chose--much earlier than 7pm!  So, as always, God is good. His mercies are new every morning!

Please, God, bless!

“The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."  Lam 3:22-23 ESV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view

No comments:

Post a Comment