Monday, July 27, 2015

Arcade Fiends!

Day 307: I know, I know...the critics panned the movie.  It was awful, horrible they said.  Sandler ruined Summer.  Well, I don't think so.  Me and the fam, +1 friend went to see Pixels, and I have to say, the story line was utterly ridiculous, preposterous, and very far-fetched--I mean really, the Mall Cop is the President of the US?  But....it was campy, silly, nostalgic, and just SO MUCH FUN!

The kids thought it was a blast.  For us adults...well, I suppose, if you were an arcade-kid like we were, you know, the age of Atari, the movie has a special vibe. Me and the hubby had lovely time identifying all of the game characters....Joust, Donkey Kong, Pacman, Paperboy, Qbert, Dig Dug, Galaga, Centipede, Frogger, Space Invaders, and more.  Hall and Oates make a guest appearance, as does Max Headroom.  It was a nice jaunt down memory lane.

As we were leaving, the kids spotted an arcade.  Can you guess what was in it?  Ms. Pac Man and Galaga!  Needless to say the kiddos watched us old peeps in awe as we easily slammed out 70,000 points--and we are both VERY rusty-not to mention tired....too close to our bedtime!

Forget the critics.  They probably didn't hang out in the arcade.  And if they did, they likely stunk at the games.  Sure, its not a sound plot, and hugely unrealistic.  But, who cares?!?  Its not a bad thing to reminisce sometimes, catch that feeling of when you were a kid and you're biggest issues was running out of AquaNet or quarters.  And, let's face it....who wouldn't want to have a light cannon and kick some butt on a massive centipede barreling down at you?

Please, God, bless!

"Let his flesh become fresh with youth; let him return to the days of his youthful vigor’;" Job 33:25 ESV 

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment