Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Dancing Antics

Day 309: I seem to entertain my son, sometimes, with my antics of goofy parent.  Like singing all opera-like about cleaning the counter.  Or asking him to take out the trash in a crazy accent.  I don't do these things to entertain him as much as I do it to entertain me.  Sometimes you just have to have some fun, even in the necessary, mundane things.  I believe that is just as much a service to God as it is to do something charitable.  Why?  Because the rote activities offer more reason to complain than sing, whereas being philanthropic offers the heart a jolt of joy in compassion.  Sometimes you have to work at joy, and when you do, I believe it is appreciated.

So, next time you are vacuuming you can try out your best dance step with your sweeper-partner. That will get the kids staring wide-eyed!

Please, God, bless!

"Let them praise His name with dancing; Let them sing praises to Him with timbrel and lyre." Psalms 149:3
Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.


No comments:

Post a Comment