Monday, July 13, 2015

Melissa

Day 293:  Today I remember Melissa.  She is the daughter of one of my closest friends, but is my friend as well. One year ago today, Melissa went home to Jesus.

There are many wonderful things I could say about her.  I could tell you about her sharp wit, dry sense of humor, and crazy-funny stories.  I could tell you that she and I could talk for hours about different concepts for managing complex IT projects. I could tell you how much she loved and adored her nieces and nephews.

Instead, I want to tell you what I learned from Melissa...

...I learned that regardless of trials, lack of understanding, or any pain I may face in this life, one thing will always remain True...

...Jesus Loves Me.

Regardless of how sick Melissa was, or how awful people could be to her not understanding her illness, she never doubted her Jesus.  She didn't need to study apologetics, or memorize verses to strengthen her position.  Amidst all of her trials, she was secure because she knew her Hope. She knew that Jesus loved her...that was good enough.  Because of her simple faith, Melissa had a very strong ministry. It was natural for her to let people know Jesus loved her, and He loved them, too. Her faith touched the lives of the many doctors and nurses that cared for her.

I wish I was so bold....

I can make my faith so complicated.  I can articulate all of the logical reasons for my faith.  I can have a good discussion on how to live out my faith.  I can talk about Bible verses, Hebrew context, appropriate transliteration, Biblical precedent and types, and how all of that is important.  But the truth is, faith really is simple. It's about love.

...Jesus Loves Me.

This is one doodle I wish I had a whole day to work on so I could have done her justice.  I know she has been freed from what so constrained her on earth, that she is full of joy and life. I'm so blessed to know I will see her again! And when I do, I will tell her that I tried to follow her example.  So, to anyone who takes a minute to read this, please know...

 ...Jesus Loves You.

Please, God, bless!

"So that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:17-19 ESV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment