Thursday, July 23, 2015

Green Gables

Day 303:  My son is working on his summer reading, and I decided I would read along with him.  So far I've read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and tonight I finished Anne of Green Gables.  I was surprised to find out that there really is a house that served for the inspiration of Green Gables.  It is on Prince Edward Island, and it is just as lovely as you would imagine.

If you've seen the Green Gables movie, you will be pleased to know that it follows the first book very closely.  There is something endearing about it.  Maybe its because Anne is a redhead who talks way too much, and thrusts herself headlong into extreme highs and lows.  ;)  Or, it could be the lovely scenic views painted by the author.  In any case, it is a lovely tale, and I now appreciate the integrity of the movie.

The Bible is a book of complete integrity.  Many have tried to dispute its validity and accuracy, but the fact is the book IS the reality.  Thank God for that!  Too bad no one ever makes the movie without a ton of ridiculous artistic license.  Stick to the book!

Please God, bless!

"For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."
Hebrews 4:12 

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment