Thursday, February 12, 2015

Big Teddy Bear

Day 143:  As I was relaxing and watching TV with the hubby, a commercial came on advertising the "Big Hunka Love Bear", a giant 4 ft teddy bear that is advertised to be the perfect, romantic gift for a lovely lady on Valentine's day.  Apparently gals will be thrilled and content to spend the days laying on the couch or bed with this giant bear.  Maybe its supposed to be a surrogate for when the men aren't home.  Or, maybe there just isn't any room left for the guys once the bear moves in?  Who knows?

My son actually has one of these bears only its a Costco special, a gift a few years ago from my mom. Cinnamon serves the purpose of security for him.  He'll tote this gargantuan bear downstairs and loaf on it, but at night he drags this giant bear up onto his loft and plops it on the outside edge of the bed as he hides in sleep behind it.  He says Cinnamon is there to protect him. I have to say, it IS hard to find him in the bed once the bear is up there, so maybe he has a point.

I'm not sure why we have such attachments to teddy bears.  I still have my bear that shared my crib, and the bear my grandma gave me, Brownie, that has a jingle bell hidden in his ear.  Teddy bears are cute, huggable, always there, always listening, loving you no matter what. I guess a guy gifting 4 feet of a cuddly BFF to his sweetie could garner an extra kiss or two....as long as you find a place to keep this mammoth of a stuffed toy.  Trust me, this is no easy task!

As we near the time of year for mandatory gifts to your honey, loved ones or besties, I want to point out that we do not need a holiday to say I love you.  God lets us know he loves us each and every day, even in the worst of times.  Like teddy, He is always there, always listening, loving you no matter what.  Even in our times of trial, He is there sharing in our sorrow, building us up, and seeing us to the end of the round. Hmmm, maybe that's why we love our teddy's.  They are a good reminder/object lesson of the One who loves us most... no matter what day of the year it is!

Please, God, bless!

"But the steadfast love of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear him, and his righteousness to children's children," Psalm 103:17 ESV 

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment