Friday, February 13, 2015

Not Just Flowers and Mush

Day 144:  Tomorrow is Valentine's Day.  I've never really been into Valentine's Day.  I always thought it was kind of cheesy, kind of a mandatory gift giving thing.  And, if you didn't have a Valentine you were stuck home poking holes in the bottom of the chocolates from the box you bought to console yourself.  Flowers, particularly roses are all over the place.  Costco couldn't put them out fast enough!

Once my son was born, we ended up celebrating Valentines' Day-the schools always make a big deal of it.  And now, I don't mind it so much.  I guess I realize its not just a couples day, but its a day where you are encouraged to focus on those you love-spouse, friends, and family.

Enjoy your Valentine's Day, everyone!

Please, God, bless!

"Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love." 1 John 4:8 ESV 

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment