Sunday, February 15, 2015

Lily Among the Thorns

Day 146:  The wind was outrageous today!  It made the cold so bitter and the conditions outside so questionable that they cancelled church!  We decided, as a result, to stay in today.

I sat and looked at the outside mayhem, and then over to my counter where some lovely purple flowers, a gift from a sweet friend, sat beckoning spring.  It was kind of interesting, the contrast of the pretty flowers in my warm, comfortable house, and the below freezing temperatures in a biting wind. Something lovely in the midst of the harsh cold.  It reminded me that as believers we are to be that contrast, a light in this brutal and dark world...like the lily among the thorns.

Please, God, bless!

"I am the rose of Sharon, The lily of the valleys." "Like a lily among the thorns, So is my darling among the maidens." Song of Solomon 2:1-2

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment