Sunday, February 22, 2015

Like a Child...

Day 153:  I remember my son as a toddler.  He would fall, or get scared, and come running to me to be gathered in my arms for protection.  When I would get home from work, he would race to the door to see me, so happy I was home.  In the mornings, before I would leave, he would hear me and run down to kiss me goodbye.  If he wanted to know something, he would ask me and I would answer.  If I was sitting on the couch, he would come and snuggle next to me just to be near me.  He would come to me in tears when there was an injustice in the world, and bound in with joy when good was evident.

I suppose all of us did the same as young children.  Unfortunately, as we get older, we lose that implicit trust, that need to be near, the belief that your parents know everything, and can protect you from anything.  Numbness invades our compassion, and complacency and selfish expectations cloud our joy.

That is why God tells us to become like children.

Too often we take on these battles, instead of running to the Father.  When we have spare time, we don't seek His company, we opt for the computer, TV, etc.  When we have a question, we look on the internet, seek the counsel of friends, sometimes flip a coin rather than asking the One who knows the outcome.    Evil bombards us every day--mass murders, rapes, perversity, lies, pride, and we frown as we turn to the entertainment news for something less real and more fun...instead of dropping to our knees in horror and praying to the Ultimate Victor.  When there is goodness, we take it for granted, that it is deserved, or ignore it altogether, instead of thanking the One who shows mercy and grace, abounding in love.

I figured I would quickly doodle one of my fave gals, when she was much, much, younger of course. Her wide, genuine smile and hearty laugh always came easily as she shared her joy with me. Memories of all of my fave kids inspire me (even though they are growing up) and remind me to constantly run to the One Who Sees Me, and LOVES me MOST.

Please, God, bless!

"And said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3 ESV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment