Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Equal Faith

Day 212:   I was reading 2 Peter this am and at the very onset, Peter refers to those who have obtained a faith of "equal standing".  I thought that was interesting.

Peter was a pillar of the early church, tried and refined for that role.  Yet, he says to his readers they have a faith of equal standing.  That tells me there is no heirarchy in faith.  Just because someone is  holy man, a leader in the church, or extremely pious doesn't make their faith higher in the faith food chain.

What is fascinating to me is that faith can be held in varying amounts.  But, as we know, Jesus said one can have the faith of a musard seed, and it is still very effective.  So, again, it seems to me that there is a lesson here.  Our faith , no matter how weak or strong is equally as precious and important to God.  So, when inferiority complexes kick in, remember that you are a work in progress, and that your faith stands equitably with the Lord.


"He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.” Matt 17:20 ESV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment