Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Honoring Sacrifice

Day 205:  Today I confirmed my son's class for a field trip to do an Honor Flight greeting. I have done it before, and its really amazing.  I'm looking forward to the kids having the experience.  One of the moms is going to do a short presentation for the kids before we leave, so they can better understand and hopefully appreciate the tremendous sacrifices these men and women have made.  Their sacrifice allowed the next generations of Americans to live as a free people.  We don't see that kind of selflessness very often these days.

I think there is a good object lesson here for the kids as well.  Christ died so that we can be saved. It is appropriate that we should be thankful, and continually convey our gratitude to the One who gave everything for us.

Please, God, bless!

"But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8 ESV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment