Thursday, April 30, 2015

Honoring our Vets

Day 220:  Today my son's class did a field trip to do the Honor Flight.  I think its extremely important that we honor those who fought for our freedom as a nation.  I was a little nervous at first at how the kids would react.  But once they greeted a couple of the veteran's they were just fabulous. They seemed to genuinely appreciate these heroes, gave them hugs, thanked them for their service.

Afterwards I asked them what they thought.  "Best field trip ever!"  "They deserve our thanks!" "They seemed to be glad we were there."  I am hoping this will be something they will never forget.  And hopefully maybe they will come to understand that freedom should never be taken for granted--it is not automatic.  Freedom is worth fighting for.

God bless our American Heroes! May we be blessed to have men and women of such bravery, integrity, and courage to defend this precious gift

Please, God, bless!

"…Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.


No comments:

Post a Comment