Friday, April 17, 2015

Evident Faith

Day 207:  One of the Facebook pages I "like" reported that their Christian content is being censored. This isn't the first page to complain about it. Apparently, speaking about Christ is "hate speech". And that isn't all. Do a quick search and you will find multiple complaints of people critical of Islam, or speaking for traditional values having their pages censored as well. I even saw similar complaints by clean eating pages!
 
Unfortunately, this doesn't surprise me. Social media claims to be a place to express yourself and share, but it really isn't much different than Big Media. How many people can see 3 posts in a row on Facebook from actual friends before they get some ad or suggested page? Not me, that's for sure. I have a bunch of friends, and rarely see what's going on in their lives. But yet I'll see tons of videos advertised that say something like, "They thought she was crazy until she did this!"  or "You won't believe what this grandma did next." So, it isn't about sharing as much as it is about being sold something. And that includes a world view.

I am not ashamed to say I follow Jesus, even though the world is increasingly hostile. There will come a time when believers will need to stand for Christ amidst hate, unashamedly, unabashedly confident and strong in faith. That time seems to be coming quickly. May we not falter. May our faith be as evident as the nose on our face.

Please, God, bless!

"But whoever denies me before people I, too, will deny before my Father in heaven."  Mt 10:33

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment