Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Meetings and Partings

Day 197:  "Life is made up of meetings and partings, that is the way of it." - Kermit the Frog

I think that is my favorite statement in the Muppet Christmas Carol, as Kermit speaks to his family after Tiny Tim's passing.  I suppose it is a rather practical way of looking at life and death. Still, it speaks to me.

This past week a friend I worked with passed away. I hadn't seen him in many years, as he had retired, but he was a great friend, and fun to work with. I learned a great deal from him. He was a good Christian man, a patriot, very smart, and most of all a friend.

I am sad to have parted ways with Warren Mercer.  I look forward to the day when we meet again in heaven.

My prayers go out to his family and friends.

Please, God, bless!

 “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.” John 14:1-4

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.


No comments:

Post a Comment