Monday, April 6, 2015

No Tears

Day 196:  147 students were killed 4 days ago at a University in Garissa, Kenya.  Students in a prayer meeting saw the barrel of a gun, then young woman leading the prayer lay dead.  Systematically, the Muslim terrorists went through the dorm, singling out the Christians, killing them with no mercy. Their killers mocked the dead lying in a sea of blood.  They laughed, pleased with their callous, disregard for life.

How sad that our country has had such minimal response!  How sad that many recent incidents similar in nature go unnoticed!  The kidnapped Christians in Syria!  The Christian girls kidnapped by Boko Harom.  How sad that we fail to acknowledge this cult of hate for what it is!  How sad that we continue our daily lives without tears for such acts!

Pray for the brethren.  Pray for those suffering for Christ.  Pray for the families of those killed because they believed.

Pray for our complacency, and that we never grow accustomed to such heinous acts of evil.

Please, God, bless!

“My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.” Psalm 119:50

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment