Monday, April 13, 2015

Rainy Cat

Day 203:  I often joke that weathermen can't seem to pick their nose let alone the weather.  I'm not trying to be disparaging, because weather is not an exact science.  How many of us have checked the weather, ventured out expecting sun just to have it rain?  Or plan for snow when there was none? Fortunately, most people understand that weatherfolk are making educated forecasts based on a myriad of factors, so while they may often be right, they are never always right.

I read a Q&A tonight where the person asked about future telling.  I think weather forecasters are a perfect example of our inability to predict the future.  But there are others who claim to know the future.  They say they have a sense, or a gift, that its a calling.

Make no mistake, God says the ability to predict the future is His, and His alone!  The only people who were considered prophets were 100% right. If they were wrong once, they were not speaking on God's behalf.  Also note the prophets were VERY explicit in noting the details.  Most self-proclaimed seers are vague, ambiguous, and general, and if they do get the details right, it isn't every single time.

We have a fascination with the future.  Many claim they are modern day prophets. Be wary.  100% right, 100% of the time, 100% in line with what God's Word says--that is the criteria, and the test for a true prophet of God.  

Please, God, bless!

“I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come.”  Isaiah 46:9-10 

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment