Monday, April 27, 2015

Renewed Beauty

Day 217:  I was driving home today and as I was passing by some of the early spring trees, their flower petals blew in the wind and fell like rain.  It was sad, in a way because the trees blooming in their pastel colors look so lovely.  Yet, the green of the trees, while maybe not as fetching, remains where the flowers once were.  The leaves mature and produce a lovely canopy that lasts all Summer long.

How true, that beauty, while it lasts, is lovely. Yet as maturity sets in, there is a new beauty, one of strength, resilience, and renewal, a beauty that persists.

Please, God, bless!

 "So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day." 2 Corinthians 4:16 ESV

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment