Saturday, April 11, 2015

Gnocchi

Day 201: One evening we had gone to a restaurant where my boy discovered gnocchi.  Ever since then he has been bugging me to go back for more--no other restaurant would do.  Well, we finally made it and he gobbled it all up.  Afterwards we went for a walk on the waterfront to enjoy the views, take some pictures.

God gave us food because we need it.  But isn't it amazing how food is so important for more social reasons?  A good meal can seal a covenant, share grief, celebrate special occasions, provide comfort, bring back memories, etc.  God himself enjoyed the savory aroma of sacrifices, Jesus shared meals with his disciples, and symbolized his sacrifice with communion--the bread and the wine.

I love a good meal, and it is appropriate that I continue to thank God for it.

Please, God, bless!

"Prepare my favorite dish, and bring it here for me to eat."  Gen 27:4a

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment