Monday, December 8, 2014

Pine Cones

Day 77:  I was sitting in my back room contemplating what to doodle, and I glanced up and saw the pine cones on the mantle. I love pine cones. They look like little trees, which makes sense since they are essentially the impetus for baby trees.

A couple of interesting things I didn't know about pine cones.  They come in both male and female. The female cones are the ones we typically associate with pine cones. As the seeds form they grow a hard outer shell to protect the seeds.  After a few years when the time is right, the seeds spread out more, the seeds loosen and are taken and spread with the wind.

I find that God provides us with so many object lessons around us.  A mother is a tough adversary when it comes to protection of her children.  She protects her young and when they are old enough, she loosens the armor, and the children leave her protection and start a new family.

Please, God, bless!

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward." Ps 127:3

Inspired by "365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!" I decided I should be more conscientious of my creative side. I chose to modify this one year challenge (9/23/14-9/24/15) to create something each day that would also force me to focus my perspective on a Godly world-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment